Lots of people make a big deal about how you can make serious money by monetizing traffic, and it’s pretty obvious how it works. If you can convert every hundredth visitor into a $35 affiliate sale, you can make $.35 per visitor. All well and good, but what about the traffic that visited you last November? Are you doing anything to monetize them?
Some of you are nodding and smiling, and others are wondering if there’s some hidden function to the WayBack Machine that they don’t know about. The truth has nothing to do with time travel, digital or otherwise — it’s all about targeted Email marketing.
How It Works
- Someone comes to your website, where they encounter some form of offer — get a free XYZ; just put your Email in here.
- They put in their name and Email address, and immediately, they receive a confirmation Email. “Did you really want this? (By the way, you’re also giving us the right to Email you in the future whenever we please.)”
- They confirm. “Yes, I do!” Tramadol 50mg
- They receive a link to whatever XYZ they were offered — and they’re also put on a list of Email addresses for future mailings.
- Some days later, they receive an Email from you. It may or may not have a sales attempt in it. It also has an offer to unsubscribe.
- They keep receiving Emails from you indefinitely until they unsubscribe. Some or all of them will try to sell them something.
- Some people will come across a new Email a year or more after they first landed on your page, and they’ll be attracted to your offer, and they’ll buy.
- Congratulations, you just converted traffic from a year ago.
Of course, you still need traffic in the first place. You’ll never make money without some source of traffic, be it organic SEO, SEM, or something else entirely. But with a tool as simple and powerful as targeted Email marketing to help you take advantage of that traffic in an entirely new way, you’ll squeeze more money out of each visitor than you possibly could otherwise.